The Black & Decker LI2000 3.6-volt 3-position rechargeable screwdriver is ideal for smaller projects around the house. Tightening and loosening screws with traditional screwdrivers is a time-consuming and joint-killing activity. With this tool, whenever you need to tighten a screw or put up a curtain, you can do it in minutes. The LI2000is the ideal tool for such smaller jobs. The package contains a fabric carrying case for the tool, the drill itself, a battery charger, and the lithium-ion battery.
- Battery: The 2000 MaH lithium-ion battery can be inserted at the bottom of the handle. If you are not using the screwdriver, the battery can hold the charge for up to 18 months. Under normal use, the average battery life is two hours.
- Three-position handle: The handle has three different angle settings, a down, a neutral, and a straight position. With a simple press of a button on the side of the handle, you can adjust it easily. This feature allows you to use the screwdriver in tight spaces.
- Spindle lock manual mode: After locking the mechanism, the motor has no effect on the electric head, which allows you to use the tool as you would any traditional screwdrivers.
- Lightweight design: One of the best features of this screwdriver is not technically a feature, but its compact size and lightweight design are big assets. The compact design allows you to use the tool without getting tired, and you can hold it with one hand without worrying about stability. This is especially important when you are standing on a ladder, and you would want to hold onto something with one hand.
- Forward and reverse switch: On the top of the tool, you can find the forward and reverse switch, which allows you to screw or unscrew bolts. You can also put it in a neutral position. . In this position, the screwdriver will do nothing. If you have children around, this feature can come in handy.
- 180 RPM output: The screwdriver is capable of a 180 RPM output, which is enough power to screw on unscrew just about any traditional bolts.
- Holds charge well
- 2000 MaH lithium-ion battery
- Three-position handle
- Forward and reverse switch
- Good torque and 180 maximum RPM
- Ideal for smaller jobs
- Weighs only 1 pound
- Button positioning could be better
The lithium-ion battery is the biggest asset of the Black & Decker LI2000 3.6-Volt 3-position Rechargeable Screwdriver. It allowed the manufacturer to create a compact and lightweight design, making it an ideal tool for home jobs. You can handle it with one hand and don’t have to worry about the kickback or the weight. At 1 pound, the Black & Decker LI2000 is one of the lightest screwdrivers on the market.
The battery can be easily inserted or removed at the bottom of the handle and lasts about two hours on average. If you are not using the charged appliance, it could remain operational for up to 18 months. The appliance comes with a three-position handle that allows you to use it in tight spaces. It has a down, a neutral, and a straight position. You can adjust the position with an easy push of a button, which you can find on the side of the handle. With the straight position, you can reach into circular spaces.
This feature could prevent you from having to move furniture around the room. The spindle lock is another basic but welcome feature. You can lock the mechanism with it, and use the tool like a traditional screwdriver. If the positioning is tricky or your battery just gave out, this feature allows you to finish the job quickly. The forward and reverse switch changes the rotation of the head, allowing you to screw or unscrew bolts, depending on the job. The third position locks down the electric mechanism.
This feature can come in handy near children when you don’t want to risk putting down the tool while it is still operational. Because of the lightweight design, children can easily hold and use this appliance. This lock can stop them from doing that. When it comes to the performance of the Black & Decker LI2000 3.6-Volt 3-position Rechargeable Screwdriver, there are not many negatives. It has surprising torque for such a small, cordless design, and the 180-RPM maximum output is enough power to screw or unscrew just about any bolts.
Black & Decker LI2000 vs. Tacklife SDP50DC
A similarly lightweight design, the Tacklife SDP50DC provides many of the Black & Decker LI2000’s features. It is also a cordless, portable design, with a very similar battery and comes with 30 drill-bits, the battery, and a charging cable. The two front LED lights can be adjusted depending on the visibility. The Tacklife features two modes to alternate between screw driving or screw removal, as well as an inline trigger grip.
Both tools feature excellent handles in terms of their grip, but the Tacklife SDP50DC’s is not adjustable. It is firm and made out from excellent materials, but definitely takes away from its versatility. The last important feature is the USB charging capability, which can come in handy when you forget the adapter.
The Tacklife SDP50DC can match most features of the Black & Decker LI2000, with one notable exception, the adjustable handle. The main advantage of these cordless, compact designs is that they weigh much less than their traditional counterparts. They are also smaller, which is important, because you can work with them in tight spaces, using a single hand. Without these features, the main advantage of the screwdriver would be lost.
The same goes for the adjustable handle. This feature allows you to hold the appliance in a straight position, which is where the main strength of the tool comes from. With the Black & Decker LI2000, you can reach and unscrew any bolts regardless how hard they are to access, and the same just cannot be said about the Tacklife SDP50DC. Therefore, the winner of this comparison is the Black & Decker LI2000 3.6-volt 3-position rechargeable screwdriver.